PinIt!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars

I am a huge Butterfinger fan (which I think I mentioned in the Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownie recipe). When I saw this recipe, which is similar to a recipe I have for cheesecake brownies but with a Butterfinger twist, of course I had to try it! 

These bars are amazing. Everyone loved them. Nate & I both were expecting them to be much sweeter than they are, which is nice--I didn't want them to be amazingly rich, like the Butterfinger brownies I made.

I didn't really make many changes. The original called for butterscotch pudding mix, which I subbed for cheesecake, and butterscotch chips, which I will sub for peanut butter next time. (I am not a butterscotch fan.... but if you are, I would suggest trying it the original way, too!) I did also add a bit more Butterfinger.... I am sure the original didn't call for enough. ;)

One change that I did not make, but will next time, is when to add the last layer of Butterfinger & the chips. I would rather the chips were more melted, so I will add them before the 15 minute baking time, not just add at the end & bake for a couple more minutes.

Remember, comments are love!


Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars


Ingredients
  • 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
  • 3.4 ounces cheesecake instant pudding mix
  • 2 egg
  • 3 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Butterfinger bars, crushed
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, peanut butter, one egg and oil; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 9”x13" baking pan.
  3. Bake 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
  4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add the other egg and vanilla, beat until combined. Fold in 1/2 of the crushed Butterfinger, spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set.
  5. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and remaining crushed butterfinger. Return to oven and bake 2-3 minutes longer. Let cool completely before serving; refrigerate as desired.
Yield/Time
32 pieces
1 hour

Source (for original): I Wash You Dry

No comments:

Post a Comment