PinIt!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies: Rich amazing-ness.

Whether you know me in person, or just read the title of this blog, you know I have a sweet tooth. If you know me in person, you may chuckle at that and say it's an understatement. That's OK. I have completely accepted my love of all things sweet, and I embrace it. I haven't accepted what it does to my waistline, but we're working on that. ;)

Now, taking that into consideration, let me tell you about these lovely, amazing, Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies: even I can't have a whole one.  To give the brownies (and myself) some credit, it may be more because of the richness of the brownies, but wow. I had half a brownie for breakfast (and that's our little secret, btw), and not only have I met my caloric needs for the day, but I can't even have the other half yet. It's that rich.

On the plus side, that makes it easier to share them. Which is good, because if I don't take them to work today my coworkers might get really cranky with me. I kinda promised that they would get some brownies today.

Onto the actual recipe and comments: The original recipe called for a 8x11 pan. I don't have an 8x11 pan. I have 8x8's, and 9x13's. I was afraid to put it in an 8x8, because these brownies are meant to be thick already; that might be too much. I was also afraid of putting it in a 9x13, again because these brownies are meant to be thick but that might make it too thin. So, I opted to increase the recipe a bit and put it in a 9x13. 

All in all, I like the brownies! (Nate & Gabriel approved too.) We'll see what my coworkers say today!

As someone who likes sweet but not anything that's too rich, I would say these have a bit too much cocoa. Aside from that, and making a smaller batch, I think we would make these again! They are very rich, and very fudgey. The chocolate chips and hints of butterfinger are wonderful surprises, and the peanut butter just tops it off nicely. (Literally.)

 

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies

Ingredients
  • ¾ cup unsalted butter, partially melted
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 ¼ cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
  • ¾ cup all purpose Flour
  • 1 ½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
  • 8 Butterfinger Candy Bars, crushed (leave some small chunks)
  • ½ cup melted peanut butter (I used more, but it made it harder to tell if the brownies were done or not)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 9”x13” baking pan with cooking spray.
  2. Cream together butter, oil, and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla; stir until combined. 
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder; slowly add to creamed mixture until combined. Slowly add in chocolate chips and crushed Butterfinger with a spoon. Will be very thick!
  4. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle melted peanut butter over batter and take knife to swirl peanut butter throughout. 
  5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
Yield/Time
35 brownies
1 ½ hours

Source (for original): Picky Palate




Remember, comments are love!

No comments:

Post a Comment