This would be easy to vary, too. Toss in any frozen veggie you like, add some more seasonings, etc.
Do you have a favorite alfredo recipe? Share in the comments!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine broccoli, pasta, and chicken; place into a 9”x13” baking dish.
- Melt butter completely over medium heat in large skillet or pan. Add flour, garlic, onion, salt, and stir to form a roux. Slowly add milk and cream, stir continuously until sauce has thickened. Add Parmesan, stir to combine thoroughly.
- Evenly pour and distribute alfredo sauce over pasta combination. Gently stir to combine, and sprinkle with more Parmesan as desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Source (for original): Chef in Training