PinIt!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies!!

First of all, sorry for the lack of posts--shortly after my last post, we found a new place to rent, and life has been crazy. We moved a few weeks ago, but things have been so busy I haven't wanted to take the time to blog! (Well, between that and not being able to find the camera cord to upload pictures of recipes....) We are (basically) settled in now, thankfully! There are still a lot of boxes, but that's ok.... we are working on it!

So, to make up for it, I'm posting an AMAZING new recipe!  I found this on Pinterest, and had to try ASAP! I am a huge fan of mini Reese's Pieces in cookies (this recipe is one of my favorites), so I usually have some on hand. I am pretty sure I made these the day I found the recipe..... 

I made a few changes, and I definitely want to cut down on the sugar next time too. These cookies have vanilla pudding mix, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, honey, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, AND Reese's Pieces... So you can see why they might have a bit too much sugar, even for this sweet tooth! I think next time I will try 1/4 cup sugar vs 1/2 cup.... I will post an update when I do! (And if you try it in the meantime, let me know!)


Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies


Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour    
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt    
  • 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
  • 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco    
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar    
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs    
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon honey    
  • 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup reese's pieces    
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 4 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and pudding; set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, beat Crisco, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla and honey; beat until combined. 
  4. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, beat to combine. Mix in chocolate chips, Reese’s Pieces, and peanut butter chips by hand.
  5. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a small ball, and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2” apart. Gently flatten the dough balls until they are about 3/4” thick.
  6. Bake 9-10 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield/Time
3 1/2 dozen
 1 hour

Source (for original): Sweet Pea's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment