PinIt!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cereal Cookies - no bake!

Originally published 3/26/14, slightly updated 9/8/16

This is one of those recipes that's simple, easy, and kids love.... If I am in the mood to make cookies but am limited on time, this is perfect! (Aside from no-bakes, of course.... those are my favorites!)

It's something Mama's been making for ages, and I don't even know where she originally got the recipe. The back of a Cheerios box, probably. To be honest, you don't even have to use Cheerios. (Although I always forget they are called Cereal Cookies, and call them Cheerio Cookies....) I've only ever used Cheerios, so I can't say how other cereals work with it, but I would imagine there are plenty of others that work well too.

Remember, comments are love! Let me know if you try them!

Printable Recipe
Cereal Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 4 cups Cheerios
Directions
  1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar & syrup. Over medium-high heat, bring to a full boil. 
  2. Remove pan from heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth, then stir in Cheerios until well coated. Drop by teaspoonful onto waxed paper.(Teaspoonful of course being relative.... I usually make my cookies pretty big!)
Yield/Time
Approx 28 cookies
Prep/Cook time: 20 minutes

Nutrition Facts
Approx 162 calories each

Source (for original): Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment