This recipe is something that's been on my mind since shortly after I made Butterfinger Brownies. I wanted to make them as soon as I found the recipe, but wound up waiting til after Christmas. (We had wayyyyy too many goodies in the house during Christmas, especially considering I wasn't eating many sweets.) This is something that's great for me to take into work & share with my Mama & little brother, for a couple reasons. 1) they all love things like this & 2) Nate is not a huge fan of things like this, so I get some & the rest doesn't go to waste!
These were a huge hit. I left 4 in a dish at home, and took the rest to work. There were only about 6 left when I got out of work, to take to Mama's. They are very rich, but not as strong cocoa flavor as a lot of other brownies. (Which is my biggest complaint about homemade brownies.) The caramel topping really adds to the brownie, too.
I didn't make many changes--some small changes in the actual process, but those don't affect the brownies. I don't measure the caramel, I just drizzled it on til it looked right, and I think I used a little more Twix than the original.
If you are looking for something sweet, try these! Let me know what you think!
Remember, comments are love!
Sorry for the bad picture. :(
Twix Caramel Brownies
- 1 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Twix candy bars, chopped (Do not chop too finely, or it won't be noticable! I left mine in 1/4-1/2" chunks)
- Caramel ice cream topping (I used the Smucker's Sundae Syrup; easy to drizzle!)
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cocoa; stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; slowly add to mixer. Stir in Twix candy bar chunks by hand. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Drizzle caramel evenly over the brownies. Using a toothpick, swirl caramel into brownies.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire rack. Once cool, cut into squares and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35-50 minutes
Source (for original): Two Peas & Their Pod (Really, you should check out this blog. I have found quite a few amazing recipes from here!)