I've had it for years now, but I don't recall where I found it. I have changed it up a bit, but it's still one of my favorite breads to bake. (And was the first bread that I ever made!) The only problem is that it only makes one loaf.... and this goes FAST. Nate, Gabriel & I go through it much more quickly than I would like. I actually recommend making more than one loaf, if you can. It's happier that way!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (melted is easier)
- In small saucepan, warm milk and 1 tablespoon butter until butter is melted. Set aside until lukewarm.
- In small bowl, mix water and yeast until yeast is dissolved.
- In large bowl, add 2 tablespoon sugar, salt, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Pour in milk and butter. Mix until sugar and salt is dissolved. Stir in yeast and water. Mix in 2 ½ cups flour.
- Turn out onto floured board and knead in the remaining flour or until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Put dough in greased bowl and turn dough so that the top is greased. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 60 minutes, or until double in size.
- Punch down dough with your fist. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead for about 1 minute. Roll dough out into a basic rectangular shape. Use a butter knife or fingers to spread softened butter on the top of rectangular dough. (Pour if using melted butter, then spread slightly with a knife.) Evenly spread about 2 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon on top of butter. (HA! I just pour a lot of cinnamon/sugar mixture on top, until it's pretty thoroughly covered. Don't be shy.)
- Roll up dough and form into loaf. Put into buttered bread pan. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 375°. Score dough by cutting three slashes across the top with a sharp knife.
- Put in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Source (for original): unknown