PinIt!

Friday, October 18, 2013

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies: Happy Friday!

First of all, Happy Friday!

Second, I'm sorry that you are going to have to make a (possibly unplanned) trip to the grocery store after work tonight...  because you may not be able to resist making these cookies ASAP. Sorry. 

On the plus side, they are totally worth a trip to the store to get ingredients. Trust me.
  
I love a good cookie. When I make something sweet, which is slightly more often than I will usually admit and wayyyy more often than I should, I would rather make cookies. A little more work than a pan of brownies, but usually worth the extra effort. 

That being said, I was afraid of trying new cookie recipes for the longest time. I have lots of theories on why, but I have (mostly) gotten over that fear.

And I am so glad I have.... and you should be glad, too. Because now I can share recipes like this, and attest to their amazing-ness! 

Just the title of this was enough to grab my attention. Three of my favorite things: Oreos, cheesecake, and cookies.

(Are you singing the "My Favorite Things" song? As soon as I typed that, it started playing in my head. I apologize sincerely if that's going to be stuck in your head all day....)

I would love to make an oreo cheesecake, but that isn't really something I can just grab a quick bag of to take as a snack to work, or munch on while I'm doing housework. I can easily do that with this. (Although if I don't bring enough to share, I may have to fend of a coworker or two... or five.)

So, Happy Friday! Don't forget your grocery list.... 

(See below the recipes for more comments on it) 





Oreo Cheesecake Cookies


Ingredients
  • ½ cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flour
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
  • 13 crushed Oreos
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°.
  2. Crush the Oreo cookies until they’re fine crumbs. Set aside. (As you can see in the picture, I crushed them until they were small chunks, because that's what I wanted. I think that, next time, I will crush some until they are fine crumbs, and some until they are just small chunks, and roll in both mixtures. Just for some extra fun.)
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the Crisco and cream cheese until smooth and well combined. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
  4. Gently mix in the flour and stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
  5. Roll the dough into small balls, roll the ball in the Oreo crumbs and coat well. Place on a greased cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven when edges are getting SLIGHTLY browned. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
  7. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (As if they will last 5 days... hahahaha!)
Yield/Time
Approx 18 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes

Nutrition Facts
194 calories (for batch of 18 cookies)

Source (for original): Table for Two


Comments
I personally thought that the milk chocolate chips are too much, and the flavor is a bit of a random surprise. (That didn't stop me from eating them though. I didn't say it made them bad!) However.... I was basically the only one who thought so. Nate thought they were perfect. Next time I may try it with semi-sweet chips, or a combination of the two. Or I just may keep my hubby happy & continue with the milk chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment