PinIt!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Zucchini

Anyone still have buckets of zucchini? As in, literally bucketfuls of zucchini? That's the way it was at my grandparent's/mom's garden this year, but it's always like that. I have quite a bit in the freezer, but they keep telling me to take more home. Who am I to say no? ;)

I love to just lightly batter and fry it, but this year I made the effort to do more with it. That meant there was quite a lot of "zucchini" searches on Pinterest and my favorite blogs.

This recipe struck me as soon as I saw the title-- garlic, parmesan, chicken, and zucchini all in one? Yes, please!! I am not a huge fan of frying chicken, but trust me--this is worth it!! This is crispy, golden perfection, with tons of zucchini (and/or summer squash!) to go with it!

We had almost as much summer squash as zucchini, so I of course had to add summer squash too. Gabriel is currently going through an "I don't like summer squash" phase, which can be interesting. While he was more than willing to eat his zucchini and chicken, I had to convince him to eat the summer squash. How I did it? Reminded him that he likes garlic and parmesan, and this has lots of each. And, that summer squash is basically the same as zucchini, we pick them from plants that look just alike. 

I love it when I successfully use logic on my 4 year old. It make me feel like maybe we've got this parenting thing down. (Until, you know, there is a full scale temper tantrum because I did something like stir his chocolate milk when he wanted to.) 

Hopefully, if you are feeding this to small children, you have as much luck as I did getting them to eat their veggies. (Well, this time, at least.) 

Printable Recipe
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Zucchini

Ingredients

  1. 5 Tablespoons butter, divided
  2. 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
  3. 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan, divided
  4. 2 tablespoon flour
  5. 3 teaspoons Garlic Garlic (or garlic powder, or 3 garlic cloves), divided
  6. 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half
  7. 1 medium-large zucchini or summer squash, sliced
  8. Salt
  9. Pepper
Directions
  1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter.
  2. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, flour, and 2 teaspoons Garlic Garlic. (If using garlic cloves, see step #4.) Dip the chicken in the butter, and then coat in the bread crumb mixture and place in skillet.
  3. Cook on each side for about 4-7 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked throughout. (Will depend on thickness of breasts.) Set aside on plate.
  4. Add the zucchini to the skillet and saute until tender. (If using garlic cloves, add with the zucchini.) Add salt, pepper, remaining parmesan, and remaining garlic. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for a couple minutes.
  5. Serve immediately.

Yield/Time
4-6 servings
30-40 minutes
Nutrition Facts
362 per half breast *I calculate nutrition facts for my use only, this is not done scientifically


Source (for original): The Recipe Critic

Remember, comments are love! What's your favorite way to serve zucchini?
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment