PinIt!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins

Well, I've been slacking about blogging lately, but given that I am the size of a hippopotamus, tired, working full time, and chasing a 2 year old.... think you can forgive me? :)

Although, to be fair, in about 5 weeks it's going to be worse. I won't be the size of a hippopotamus (hopefully) or working out of the house full time, but I will be even more tired, chasing a 2 year old, and taking care of a newborn.

Anyways, on to the recipe... I've been looking for a health(ier) muffin recipe for awhile, that actually looks good. Some of those healthy muffin recipes out there don't really look that appealing... I want healthy AND tasty! So when I saw this, I knew I had to try it! I love bananas (and need them for the potassium a lot right now), and I love peanut butter.... definitely worth a try!

They are very much a healthy muffin.... they are very thick, and not very sweet. But, that being said, they are still really good! Fresh of out of the oven, I thought they could use more banana--but when having another one cold, the banana is much more noticeable.

If you are looking for something healthy & yummy... these are worth making!!!




Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 medium size bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease muffin tin, or line with paper cups.
  2. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients together. In medium size bowl mix the wet ingredients well. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until no flour streaks remain.
  3. Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, filling almost to the top. Bake 16-20 minutes until toothpick stuck in center comes out clean.
  4. Remove to wire rack to cool.

Yield/Time
18 muffins
30 minutes

Source (for original): Life is Nothing Without Him

No comments:

Post a Comment