Although, to be fair, in about 5 weeks it's going to be worse. I won't be the size of a hippopotamus (hopefully) or working out of the house full time, but I will be even more tired, chasing a 2 year old, and taking care of a newborn.
Anyways, on to the recipe... I've been looking for a health(ier) muffin recipe for awhile, that actually looks good. Some of those healthy muffin recipes out there don't really look that appealing... I want healthy AND tasty! So when I saw this, I knew I had to try it! I love bananas (and need them for the potassium a lot right now), and I love peanut butter.... definitely worth a try!
They are very much a healthy muffin.... they are very thick, and not very sweet. But, that being said, they are still really good! Fresh of out of the oven, I thought they could use more banana--but when having another one cold, the banana is much more noticeable.
If you are looking for something healthy & yummy... these are worth making!!!
Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium size bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease muffin tin, or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients together. In medium size bowl mix the wet ingredients well. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until no flour streaks remain.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, filling almost to the top. Bake 16-20 minutes until toothpick stuck in center comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Source (for original): Life is Nothing Without Him