PinIt!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rice Krispy Roll Ups

You'll have to forgive me for not posting for awhile, I've been a bit busy...



But I would say he is a good excuse, wouldn't you?

Adrian is two months old now, and doing well!

Gabriel is adjusting well to being a big brother, but we are trying to make sure we still have plenty of Mama & Gabriel time. A lot of which, of course, is baking and cooking! (Some things never change!)

Last week we made these yummy Rice Krispy Roll Ups.... I am not a huge fan of Rice Krispy treats, but everything is better with chocolate and/or peanut butter so I thought it was worth a shot. ;) At the very least, I knew Gabriel would like them; he loves Rice Krispy Treats!

I definitely didn't have to worry about Gabriel being the only one eating these... Nate and I loved them too! They are different enough from regular Rice Krispy treats that they aren't really comparable. This is definitely something I will be making again... and often!

The one thing I would change is the amount of chocolate & peanut butter. I would try increasing the chocolate chips to 2 1/4 cups, and the peanut butter to 3/4 cup--there isn't enough to thoroughly lather it on, in my opinion. ;)



Rice Krispy Roll Ups

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 10 ounces mini marshmallows (one package)
  • 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter



Directions
  1. Grease a large baking sheeting, set aside.
  2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, add marshmallows. Melt completely, stirring frequently.
  3. Add the Rice Krispies; mix well. Spread evenly into baking sheet, pressing down slightly.
  4. In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Melt at 1 minute intervals until completely melted, stirring after each minute. Spread on top of Rice Krispy mixture.
  5. Let set in a cool place until chocolate mixture sets up. Do not let it get completely hard; just long enough to be able to roll it.
  6. Roll into a long log, starting on the long side. Slice into 1/2” pieces. Store in a covered container at room temperature.

Yield/Time
20 pieces
1 hour
Source (for original): The Kitchen Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment