This is perfect. I seriously wouldn't change anything about this recipe! (Well, except for the calorie content...) If you really wanted to cut down on the calories, you could try cutting out some of the Oreos, using light cream cheese, skim milk, etc. However... this is worth the calories.
I made this for Easter with my extended family (thus the Peeps, eggs, and green sprinkles), but you really don't need to decorate it unless it's for a holiday. I'm considering making this again soon just for a random Wednesday or something. Or possibly just because baby says it sounds good. ;)
Remember, comments are loved! Do you have a favorite dirt dessert recipe?
- 1 & ⅓ package Oreos, separated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cool whip
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Decorations (ex: including bunnies and edible grass for Easter)
- Finely crush 1 package Oreos, place ⅔ in the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- Separately, crush ⅓ package Oreos into small chunks and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar, and fold in whipped topping and small chunks of Oreos. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over crumb mixture in pan, then sprinkle with the reserve finely crushed Oreos. Let set for a few hours and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
20 minutes + cooling time
Source (for original): Lil Luna