PinIt!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Whole Wheat Honey Cinnamon Muffins

Nate is a huge fan of honey, and whole wheat, so when I saw this recipe on one of the blogs I follow, I had to try it! 

This is one of those recipes that I saw, and just decided to make right then-which is great, because it's something where I have all the ingredients on hand! (Well, except for the whole wheat flour.... I apparently did not have a full bag in the back of the pantry, like I thought. I had 1/2 cup, and that was it. So, I subbed regular flour.) I love finding recipes like this... and Nate does, too!

As usual, Gabriel helped me to make these, too! I love having a little helper in the kitchen! He'll be 2 in a couple weeks, and as soon as he sees me cooking, he comes out and tells me to get his stool out so he can help! What a sweet little boy. :)

Overall, this was a big hit with my boys! (I liked them too, but Gabriel & Nate really liked them!)

(I did adapt this recipe quite a bit. If you follow the link to the original, you'll see that it calls for 2 cups of her quick mix. Well, I didn't want to make a full batch of the mix, so I just cut it into 1/5, which made about 2 1/2 to 3 cups. I adjusted the rest of the recipe accordingly.)


Whole Wheat Honey Cinnamon Muffins

Ingredients
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Thoroughly cut in Crisco until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
  3. Add in cinnamon, honey, milk, and egg; mix all ingredients until just combined.  (Do not over-stir.)  Scoop batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups.  Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
Yield/Time
12 muffins
45 minutes


Source (for original): Heavenly Homemakers 

No comments:

Post a Comment