PinIt!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies

I meant to post this ages, but apparently I forgot.... oops!

We had Easter with my extended family a few weeks ago, and I always bring a dessert (or two). I wanted to bring the Cherry Kuchen Bars, but I couldn't decide what else to make... then I remembered this! I found this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it when I could share them with a lot of people, so a family gathering was the perfect time! (Besides, who doesn't like sprinkles??)

They turned out amazing. They are definitely pretty sugary, but so worth having a few! (I think the kids really liked them, too!) My only complaints are that 1) the sprinkles don't stick well without a bit of extra effort, and 2) they get pretty hard after a few days. I am considering adding a little extra Crisco/egg next time, and see if that helps. However, if you don't expect them to last more than a day or two, the only problem is getting the sprinkles to stick. That just takes some extra work when you are rolling them.

I will definitely be making these again!

Remember, comments are love! Let me know if you try them!


Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies
Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup sprinkles
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the Crisco and both sugars. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
  4. With the mixer on low, add in one egg at a time. Mix well after each egg, then add vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
  5. Form small amount of dough into a ball, rolling into a bowl of sprinkles. Scoop rounded two-tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll them in a bowl of sprinkles until coated. (May have to press the sprinkles in slightly.)
  6. Place 2” apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
  7. Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
Yield/Time
3 dozen cookies
1 hour

Nutrition Facts
140 calories/cookie

Source (for original): Simply Scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment