I've had a lot of cranberries in my freezer for awhile, just waiting to be made into something yummy. Problem is, I couldn't decide what. So, I was searching Pinterest yesterday, and I found a recipe I'd pinned but hadn't made yet. (Shocker.) I decided that these needed to be made into muffins!
And wow, was this a hit. They are not overly sweet, I did try to make them slightly healthier (thus the applesauce vs using butter), but the boys devoured them. Gabriel ate 3 or 4... after eating 2-3 servings of dinner. Adrian only ate 1, but again, that was right after dinner!
If you are looking for a fairly healthy snack/breakfast, this is it!
Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite use of cranberries?
Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins/Bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° (for bread) or 375° (for muffins). Lightly grease 2 loaf pans or lightly grease/line with muffin liners 24 muffin tins.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugars, and applesauce. Slowly add in eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to cream cheese mixture just until combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin liners or loaf pans. For muffins, bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For bread, bake for 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
24 muffins, 2 loaves of bread (12 slices each)
*Note: bread has not been tested, I've only made muffins!
45 minutes (muffins), 1 ½ hours (bread)
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Source (for original): 12 Tomatoes