I had grabbed some mini chocolate chips awhile ago at the grocery store for when I finally decided to make this cookie dip recipe I had seen, so when I was searching for something to make at the last minute I actually had them on hand! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip with graham crackers; I thought I couldn't go wrong here!
AND, I was right! This dip is amazing! Very sweet, so I wouldn't recommend serving it with something too sweet (most cookies would be out, but it went great with graham crackers). Apples, graham crackers, nilla wafers, or some shortbread cookies would be great. (Or, just eat with a spoon. If you are serving this at a picnic/party, that would probably be frowned upon though. Given that I am 9 months pregnant I think I would've gotten away with it if I had tried, but I would not recommend that for everyone.)
(Sorry for the shaded picture.... realized once the picnic
started that I didn't have a picture of this yet!)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Apples, graham crackers, nilla wafers, shortbread cookies, etc.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat. Slowly mix in the brown sugar, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add in the cooled butter mixture; mix on high for another minute. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Put in small bowl; refrigerate until set. (I made this before the parade, and left it in the fridge til we ate, and that was a few hours later. I really have no idea how long it takes to set. I would guess that you could serve it within 1/2 hour or so, but plan on enough time to let it set/cool for awhile the first time you make it.)
- Serve with graham crackers, apples, nilla wafers, shortbread cookies, etc.
15 minutes + set time
Source (for original): Your Homebased Mom