I'd seen this new recipe on one of the blogs I follow, that called for malted milk powder in the cookies. Hmmm, that's worth a try! I had put it on my grocery list a few weeks ago for whenever I got the urge to make cookies (and it's not 80 degrees in my house), so I even had everything on hand!
Let me first say that these cookies are REALLY good. Not my favorite, but really good. I haven't decided if the malted milk powder really adds anything or not.... I guess I will need to keep eating them to decide. ;)
I also changed it up a bit and added peanut butter chips.... chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite combos!
Let me know if you try these; I would love to hear what you think!
Malted Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Malt Powder
- 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Cream Crisco and sugars in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beating to combine. In a separate bowl, combine flour, malt powder, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to moist ingredients until thoroughly combined. Mix in chocolate and peanut butter chips until just combined.
- Form dough into small balls, and place approximately 1” apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
4 dozen cookies
Source (for original): Picky Palate (http://picky-palate.com/2014/04/30/chocolate-malted-chip-cookies-recipe/)