PinIt!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Malted Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Last night, there were some big storms rolling into the area, and I was WIDE awake. (I love pregnancy hormones... sometimes I have complete insomnia, and sometimes I am surprised I make it to bed before I fall asleep.)  What's a pregnant lady to do, late at night when the house is quite.... except make cookies! 

I'd seen this new recipe on one of the blogs I follow, that called for malted milk powder in the cookies. Hmmm, that's worth a try! I had put it on my grocery list a few weeks ago for whenever I got the urge to make cookies (and it's not 80 degrees in my house), so I even had everything on hand!

Let me first say that these cookies are REALLY good. Not my favorite, but really good. I haven't decided if the malted milk powder really adds anything or not.... I guess I will need to keep eating them to decide. ;)

I also changed it up a bit and added peanut butter chips.... chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite combos! 

Let me know if you try these; I would love to hear what you think!



Malted Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup Malt Powder
  • 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 °.
  2. Cream Crisco and sugars in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beating to combine. In a separate bowl, combine flour, malt powder, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to moist ingredients until thoroughly combined. Mix in chocolate and peanut butter chips until just combined.
  3. Form dough into small balls, and place approximately 1” apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.

Yield/Time
4 dozen cookies
1 hour
Source (for original): Picky Palate (http://picky-palate.com/2014/04/30/chocolate-malted-chip-cookies-recipe/)

No comments:

Post a Comment