PinIt!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies

I am a HUGE fan of baking with mini Reese's Pieces. Seriously, those things make cookies soooo much better. Especially when combined with chocolate in some form or another. PB & chocolate? Two of my favorite things. I am always happier when I have PB & chocolate.... (And our local ice cream place has heavenly peanut butter shakes. If you request it, they will make it with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. That makes this pregnant lady super happy!)

I had pinned this recipe on Pinterest ages ago, but hadn't had a chance to try it yet. I finally did the other day, and it was sooo worth it! I had to make some changes--the dough was WAY to dry for me, so the recipe you see is the altered recipe. (Check out the link at the bottom for the original.) These are going on the 'my favorite cookies' list!

These are very soft, and incredibly easy to make. The only thing that frustrates me is letting them sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.... but I have tried this with different recipes, and it really makes a difference!

(Sorry for the funny coloring of the pic... as usual, I realized a couple days later (and late at night) that I hadn't taken a picture yet. Oops!)

Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup mini Reese's Pieces
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips



Directions
  1. In a large bowl, cream together the eggs, brown sugar, peanut butter, Crisco, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Slowly add the flour and baking soda until incorporated, then slowly mix in the Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips. 
  2. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours (up to 5 days). 
  3. Preheat oven to 350°.
  4. Form cookies into small balls, then place on greased baking sheet at least 2” apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until just beginning to set. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing to rack to cool.

Yield/Time
3 ½ dozen
3 hours
Source (for original): Averie Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment