PinIt!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Gingerbread Cookies

I am, in general, not a fan of gingerbread cookies. I can have one or two, but they are not my thing. Nate is usually a fan though, and I like to try to do the "typical" seasonal things. I have a recipe that I've made before, but these are slightly different. Also, those are the ones I made for my mom to use on her advent calendar.... and there's something about the fact that they can last for years that throws me off. Time for a new, different recipe! :)

These, as advertised on the blog I got them from, don't spread. I like that about them. I was iffy to use butter, in my experience it tends to cause more issues than using Crisco, especially with spreading. (I know I've talked about my love for Crisco before.)  However, I am pretty fond of these. I think the lack of baking powder/baking soda helps, too. 


They are fairly crunchy, but soften a lot if you add frosting. Frosting is totally optional, though!

Remember, comments are loved! Tell me about your favorite gingerbread recipes & ideas!


Printable Recipe

Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup molasses
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cloves

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Do not overmix. Add the egg, and mix until incorporated.
  3. Add the molasses, and vanilla; mix just until incorporated.
  4. Whisk the flour, salt, and spices together in a separate bowl. Slowly mix in the flour mixture.
  5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, to ¼" thickness. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 8-9 minutes.

Yield/Time
Approximately 27 cookies
45 minutes
Nutrition Facts
110

Source (for original): The Kitchen Paper


Cream Cheese Icing

Ingredients
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk

Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk to desired consistency. 
  2. Spread over cookies. 

Yield/Time
5 minutes
Nutrition Facts
20/cookie


Source (for original): Love Grows Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment