Most of my dessert recipes, my husband doesn't really care about. I bake desserts at least once or twice a week, so I guess he gets tired of them. (I don't understand that, but hey. I try not to judge.)
However, there are a few recipes in my book that he LOVES. Traditional cheesecake (no picture, so no blog post on that yet), Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies, and this! Nate always approves when I make these! I would make them more often, but the main problem is that I don't keep crescents in the house unless I have a particular recipe I am going to use them for. I am not a big fan (of the crescents, not this! I love this!), so I don't buy them that often. I think I need to work on that... Nate puts up with all my crazy baking, I should try to make his favorites more often. ;)
On to the actual bars... these are perfect, cream cheese gooeyness right out of the oven, or perfect once they are cool & have been put in the fridge! I honestly don't have a favorite... I take them either way! Once they are cool they are slightly more irresistible, though... Warm and gooey it's easy to just eat a few. Cool.... not so easy. ;)
Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite cream cheese style dessert?
Cheesecake Crescent Bars
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup cinnamon & sugar (approximate)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9”x13” baking dish.
- Unroll and spread one can of crescents on the bottom the prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread over crescents in baking dish.
- Unroll and layer remaining crescents over cream cheese layer. Spread butter on top of crescents; sprinkle generously with cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until browned & bubbly.
Approximately 28 bars
Source (for original): my mom, I have no idea where she got this!