PinIt!

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies

This is another one of those "wait, I haven't shared that yet?" recipes. I made some the other day, for my husband. These are Nate's favorites, and I like to be on his good side. ;) (Plus, if I occasionally bake something that his favorite, he doesn't complain much about all the other baking I do!) 

These cookies are one of the classic recipes that my mama's been baking since before my memory even starts. (Quite likely before I was even born.) They are definitely Nate's favorite cookie. He's not much of a cookie person, but he loves these. They are perfectly soft, and basically irresistible. (Thus, the name!) 

Printable Recipe
Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients
  • ¾ Cup creamy peanut butter
  • ½ Cup butter-flavored crisco
  • 1 ¼ Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 3 Tablespoon Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 ¾ Cup Flour
  • ¾ Teaspoon Salt
  • ¾ Teaspoon baking soda

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°. 
  2. Combine peanut butter, crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat until blended. 
  3. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to mixture at low speed, mix until blended. 
  4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased (lightly floured) baking sheet. (Alternately, roll with floured hands.) Flatten slightly with criss-cross pattern with fork. 
  5. Bake for 6 ½ - 8 minutes, cool.

Yield/Time
3-4 dozen small
1 hour
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Calories: 95/40 cookies


Source (for original): my mom
Remember, comments are loved! Share favorite cookie recipes with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment