These cookies are one of the classic recipes that my mama's been baking since before my memory even starts. (Quite likely before I was even born.) They are definitely Nate's favorite cookie. He's not much of a cookie person, but he loves these. They are perfectly soft, and basically irresistible. (Thus, the name!)
Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ Cup butter-flavored crisco
- 1 ¼ Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine peanut butter, crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat until blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to mixture at low speed, mix until blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased (lightly floured) baking sheet. (Alternately, roll with floured hands.) Flatten slightly with criss-cross pattern with fork.
- Bake for 6 ½ - 8 minutes, cool.
3-4 dozen small
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Calories: 95/40 cookies
Source (for original): my mom
Remember, comments are loved! Share favorite cookie recipes with me!