PinIt!

Friday, October 7, 2016

Davy Crockett Bars

I mentioned earlier in the week that Davy Crockett Bars are something I've been making for years, and my mama's been making for much longer than that. If I'm in a rush and need something sweet, this is it! This is seriously easy, and always a hit with everyone. (My brother's mother in law is always a fan, and she's one of the sweetest ladies in the world. I always want to stay on her good side. ;) I usually bring it to gatherings at my brother's place....)

One great thing about this is that it can be a one-dish dessert! The instructions say to mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet, then combine them, then press into the pan... truthfully, I always skip that part. I mix everything together right in the pan. Less dishes! Slightly more messy, it is a bit hard to keep it contained, but.... still easy. :)

Davy Crockett Bars

Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 12 ounces chocolate and/or peanut butter chips (or butterscotch, or whatever...)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in brown sugar, oats, and chocolate chips. 
  3. Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir into chocolate chip mixture. 
  4. Press into an ungreased 13”x9” baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. 
  5. Cool slightly before cutting.

Yield/Time
36
30 minutes

Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
184

Source (for original): my mother
Remember, comments are loved! Tell me if you try this, I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment