I mentioned earlier in the week that Davy Crockett Bars are something I've been making for years, and my mama's been making for much longer than that. If I'm in a rush and need something sweet, this is it! This is seriously easy, and always a hit with everyone. (My brother's mother in law is always a fan, and she's one of the sweetest ladies in the world. I always want to stay on her good side. ;) I usually bring it to gatherings at my brother's place....)
One great thing about this is that it can be a one-dish dessert! The instructions say to mix the dry ingredients separately from the wet, then combine them, then press into the pan... truthfully, I always skip that part. I mix everything together right in the pan. Less dishes! Slightly more messy, it is a bit hard to keep it contained, but.... still easy. :)
Davy Crockett Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 12 ounces chocolate and/or peanut butter chips (or butterscotch, or whatever...)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in brown sugar, oats, and chocolate chips.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir into chocolate chip mixture.
- Press into an ungreased 13”x9” baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Source (for original): my mother
Remember, comments are loved! Tell me if you try this, I'd love to hear what you think!