PinIt!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Before you get all judgey, remember that you're not supposed to judge me for my sweet tooth.

Yes, I'm making fudge.

Yes, it's only October.

But, I noticed the marshmallow creme in Aldi's last week getting groceries.... and I couldn't resist. ;) Don't worry, there's more fall recipes coming soon! I need to make Pumpkin Bread, and share my recipe for Apple Betty, and quite a few others. (We went to an orchard Saturday, and got half a bushel of apples. I haven't even decided what I'm doing with half of them!) 

So even though I'm getting a jump start on the Christmas sweets, I have a good reason. (The good reason being that I noticed it at Aldi's.) 

If you've ever made fudge, you've probable seen this recipe before. It's the classic Fantasy Fudge recipe on the brand Marshmallow Creme jars. They apparently changed it a few years ago, but thankfully you can find the original recipe online. (I wouldn't know though, I'm too cheap to buy brand unless it's on sale.) This is, truthfully, the best fudge I've ever had. I like the stuff we get in Traverse or at Mackinaw, but this is better.

You can make it with or without peanut butter, and there are SO many ways to vary this. As I make more throughout the holidays (and actually get pictures of the variations) I'll post more. The white chocolate with candy cane chunks and peppermint are always a hit! ;) 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients
  • 3 cups sugar
  • ¾ cup margarine *some people say you can use butter... I have never had success.
  • ⅔ cup evaporated milk
  • 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 7 ounces marshmallow creme
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter *exclude if plain chocolate is desired

Directions
  1. Line a 13”x9” pan with aluminum foil, leaving excess hanging over the edge for handles.
  2. Mix sugar, butter, and milk in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and butter melts; insert candy thermometer (if using--I always recommend using one!!). Slowly bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234°; remove from heat.
  3. Quickly stir in chocolate chips until thoroughly combined. 
  4. Add marshmallow cream and vanilla, stir until marshmallow cream is combined.
  5.  Add peanut butter; stir to combine.
  6. Pour fudge into prepared pan; cool. Once completely cooled, remove foil from pan. 
  7. Place fudge on cutting board to cut.

Yield/Time
3 pounds (approximately 100 pieces)
20 minutes + cooling
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Peanut butter chocolate: 68
Chocolate: 61

Source (for original): All Recipes
Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite fudge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment