PinIt!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Creamy Parmesan Pasta

I'm one of those people who could happily eat pasta every night.

Every. Night.

Unfortunately, Nate can't. The boys could, but I do try to keep my hubby happy too. ;) So I have to vary things up a bit.... but you still may be surprised at the amount of pasta dishes in my recipe book. (Side note, is anyone curious about the actual book I keep?)

A lot of my pasta dishes are fairly similar. Pasta, some type of cream base, sometimes a veggie or two...This is one of my favorites, though. It's not really heavy, and the calories aren't bad. My boys, especially Gabriel, love it because of the spinach. (Yeah, my 4yo loves spinach. I never claimed he was a normal child, but I love it!) You can add other veggies if you aren't a spinach fan--just toss them in with the pasta when it has a few minutes left. You should definitely try the spinach though!

Creamy Parmesan Pasta


Ingredients

  • 16 ounces uncooked pasta (I like the weird shapes!)
  • 1 tablespoon avocado oil
  • 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cups spinach
  • ¼ cup all purpose flour
  • 3 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic Pepper Seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • Dash salt
  • 2 cups milk
  • ½ cup Parmesan
Directions

  1. Cook pasta and carrots according to pasta package directions. 
  2. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the flour, bouillon, Garlic Pepper Seasoning, parsley, oregano, and salt. 
  3. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan. 
  4. Drain pasta, add to mushroom mixture and stir to coat.
Yield/Time
Yields: 8-10 servings (10 cups)
Total Time: 20 m
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
241/cup


Source (for original): Cooking for Two
Remember, I love comments! What's your favorite pasta dish?
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment