This is a recipe I found years ago, I think when Nate & I were first married. We both LOVE it, and it's always a hit with the boys too. It's pretty easy to do, especially if you use shortcuts. I almost always have shredded or grilled chicken in the freezer, so I use that instead of cooking the chicken as part of the recipe. You can use your own Italian/French bread, or you can pick some up in the deli section of your local grocery store. Whatever works for you!
Chicken Alfredo Stromboli
- ½ loaf italian or french bread
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cups mushroom stems and pieces, chopped finely
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (or one teaspoon Garlic Garlic)
- dash Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- 3 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in oil until juices run clear; drain. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic, and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Parmesan, and butter; spread over bread halves. Top each with ½ of the of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or bake for 10-15 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
Prep/Total time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
381/serving (using homemade french bread)
Source (for original): Cooking for Two
Comments are loved! What's your favorite alfredo-style dish?
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)