PinIt!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Chicken Alfredo Stromboli

I love pretty much anything to do with alfredo. It seems like half of the new entrees I want to try from Pinterest are variations of alfredo pasta! I already have recipes I love, so I try to not do it too often, but it's definitely one of my favorite meal ideas.

This is a recipe I found years ago, I think when Nate & I were first married. We both LOVE it, and it's always a hit with the boys too. It's pretty easy to do, especially if you use shortcuts. I almost always have shredded or grilled chicken in the freezer, so I use that instead of cooking the chicken as part of the recipe. You can use your own Italian/French bread, or you can pick some up in the deli section of your local grocery store. Whatever works for you!

Printable Recipe
Chicken Alfredo Stromboli

Ingredients
  • ½ loaf italian or french bread
  • 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • ½ cups mushroom stems and pieces, chopped finely
  • 1 clove Garlic, minced (or one teaspoon Garlic Garlic)
  • dash Salt
  • ¼ teaspoon Pepper
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • ¼ cup Parmesan
  • 3 teaspoons butter, softened
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Place bread, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
  3. In a small skillet, saute chicken in oil until juices run clear; drain. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic, and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
  4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Parmesan, and butter; spread over bread halves. Top each with ½ of the of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. 
  5. Broil for 1-2 minutes or bake for 10-15 minutes (or until cheese is melted).

Yield/Time
Serves: 4
Prep/Total time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
381/serving (using homemade french bread)

Source (for original): Cooking for Two
Comments are loved! What's your favorite alfredo-style dish?

Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment