PinIt!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Peanut Butter Pie

My family's Christmas was this past weekend, and I always volunteer to bring a dessert or three. (Yes, we celebrate quite early, but my grandparents go to Florida entirely too early every year; we have to celebrate early.) This year I opted to bring some no-bake pies. Peanut butter, of course, that's always a hit whenever I take it to a party. Then I experimented a bit--Nutella Pie, and Cherry Chocolate Chip. Everyone seemed to enjoy them! I'll post those recipes another day. :)

I love no-bake pies. (Like the Oreo Cream Pie I made for my birthday!) As a general rule, they are easy, everyone likes them, and they are FUN!

This is a recipe I originally got a few years ago, from a friend and co-worker. Someone gave it to her father, because her family loves the one that a local restaurant serves. I've been making it ever since! (Personally, I think it's better than the restaurant.) I love it!

If you're looking for something EASY and delicious, try this!

Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 8 ounces Cool Whip
  • Crushed chocolate, if desired
  • Chocolate syrup, if desired

Directions
  1. Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk. Fold in Cool Whip.
  2. Spread into graham cracker crust. Top with chocolate, if desired. 
  3. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Refrigerate again after serving. 

Yield/Time
1 pie (12 small pieces or 8 regular)
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
337 (12 pieces), 506 (8 pieces)

Source (for original): a long-time friend

No comments:

Post a Comment