My family's Christmas was this past weekend, and I always volunteer to bring a dessert or three. (Yes, we celebrate quite early, but my grandparents go to Florida entirely too early every year; we have to celebrate early.) This year I opted to bring some no-bake pies. Peanut butter, of course, that's always a hit whenever I take it to a party. Then I experimented a bit--Nutella Pie, and Cherry Chocolate Chip. Everyone seemed to enjoy them! I'll post those recipes another day. :)
I love no-bake pies. (Like the Oreo Cream Pie I made for my birthday!) As a general rule, they are easy, everyone likes them, and they are FUN!
This is a recipe I originally got a few years ago, from a friend and co-worker. Someone gave it to her father, because her family loves the one that a local restaurant serves. I've been making it ever since! (Personally, I think it's better than the restaurant.) I love it!
If you're looking for something EASY and delicious, try this!
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Crushed chocolate, if desired
- Chocolate syrup, if desired
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread into graham cracker crust. Top with chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Refrigerate again after serving.
1 pie (12 small pieces or 8 regular)
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
337 (12 pieces), 506 (8 pieces)
Source (for original): a long-time friend