PinIt!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Oreo Cream Pie-- Celebrating 30 years on this earth!

Friday I celebrated my 30th birthday! Following tradition, I decided what I wanted for my 'cake' and made it myself. ;)

And I must say, I outdid myself this year. In the past, when I was too intimidated to make it for myself, I bought a frozen Cookies & Creme Pie. Silly me. Homemade is always better, and this was no exception. (Well, except for the calories. For heaven's sake, don't look at the nutritional facts. I honestly thought about skipping that, but some people want to know... Just make it for your birthday, calories don't count on your birthday. Right? At least if you don't do the math until after you've eaten it...)

This is one of the best desserts I've ever made. And, modestly aside, that's saying something. You guys know me and my desserts. This is perfectly rich, a small slice is just enough, it has just enough sweet, and the perfect amount of Oreo in each bite.

Now, there are two separate recipes here--the pie crust, and the pie. I've included 3 printables--the crust, the pie, and both.

(I did not take a picture of the crust before I filled it, sorry!)
Oreo Pie Crust

Ingredients
  • 24 Oreos, crushed
  • ¼ cup melted butter

Directions
  1. Lightly grease a 9” pie pan; set aside.
  2. Combine Oreo crumbs and butter in a medium bowl, mix well. Press mixture evenly in pan; covering the bottom and up the sides. (Careful to spread it evenly!)
  3. Freeze for one hour before filling.

Yield/Time
1 pie crust, 6-8 servings
15 minutes + freezing
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
1680 total
280 (6 slices), 210 (8 slices)

Source (for original): Chef In Training


Oreo Cream Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 26 Oreos, crushed
  • 1 prepared 9-inch Oreo Crust

Directions
  1. In a mixing bowl using the whisk attachment, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. (Approximately 1 to 2 minutes,)
  2. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Fold in whipping cream until smooth. Add Oreos; stir until well combined.
  3. Carefully spread into pie crust.
  4. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then enjoy!

Yield/Time
6-8 servings
15 minutes + cooling
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
853 (6 slices), 640 (8 slices)

Source (for original): Chef in Training

Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite food to celebrate your birthday with?

No comments:

Post a Comment