PinIt!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

OK, you guys should realize by now that I have a serious love for cookies. I could've named this blog "Don't Judge Me for My Massive Cookie Recipe Collection" and it would be pretty accurate. (I refuse to show the size of the "desserts" collection of my recipe book here; you have to see it in person. I don't need photographic evidence for people to laugh at.)

If it's a cookie recipe, I'm probably willing to try it. OK, scratch that, unless it calls for ingredients I know I don't like, I'm definitely willing to try it. And even if it calls for things I don't like... I'll probably just make it to give to someone else. (Hello, anything with coffee.)

So, it's no surprise that I have tried quite a few variations of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Of all the ones I've tried, this is my favorite. Try it, and it will be yours too. These cookies (that I have a bad picture of, sorry) are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. They were the perfect consistency for oatmeal cookies. I'm guessing it's the combo of regular oats and quick oats, which I will be trying with any other oatmeal cookie recipes, assuming I ever remember.

Oh, and before I get questions on a regular oatmeal chocolate chip recipe... I actually don't have one that I think it satisfactory. I have a patient that sometimes brings in oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for us, and I haven't found any that compare. I've mentioned that I need the recipe, but no luck so far. (And FYI, patients that bake and bring goodies in are kinda my favorites. I work in a small town, and I really truly love all my patients, but if you've ever brought my cookies... I love you a little more. That goes for any of my friends/family, though. Food is love. I love you more if you feed me. I won't treat you any different, but I will love you more. For what that's worth.)

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients


  • 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature *I almost exclusively use Crisco vs. butter, but for some reason I actually used butter here... and it turned out great. So, sticking with butter.
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 ¼ cup milk chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line four large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until creamy and light in color, 2-3 minutes.
  3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and both kinds of oats.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until a few dry streaks remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix until everything is just combined.
  5. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoon-sized scoops, or roll into balls, about 2” apart.
  6. Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges are just set but the middles are still soft. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat scooping and baking with remaining cookie dough.

Yield/Time
Approx 44 cookies
1 hour
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
145/cookie


Source (for original): Mel’s Kitchen Cafe

Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment