I love easy dinners. I get out of work fairly late, so on the nights I work we either need things that have been prepped before (hello, freezer meals!) or things that are easy to make. I stumbled across this on the Tastefully Simple website, and it is a definite hit! It's just a basic breading recipe, but the addition of the different seasonings makes a huge difference in it.
You can use any of your favorite seasonings--I've tried three different TS seasonings so far, because I always have them on hand, but use whatever seasonings you like. If you don't have any on hand, I definitely recommend using something with garlic, and some type of Italian seasoning.
I love making dinners like this. Add some veggies, and you're good. And, best thing: my boys love chicken tenders! I honestly don't make them very often, casseroles are my go-to more often than not, but these are always a hit. Nate prefers the garlic, and boys don't seem to have any preference.
Want to make something like this, but can't decide what flavors to do? Do two! Most recently when I made this, I split the bread crumbs & parmesan in two separate bags. Then, I just added 1 tablespoon of one seasoning to one bag, and the other to the second bag. Once that was done, I just made sure to keep them separated on the pan. (There really wasn't a lot of color difference between the two, so keeping them separated made it easier.)
If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe--enjoy!
Seasoned Chicken Fingers
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pizzeria, Garlic Garlic, Fiesta Party, or other seasoning
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoons Pizzeria, Garlic Garlic, Fiesta Party, or other seasoning
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place bread crumbs, parmesan, and 1-2 tablespoons seasoning in a gallon resealable bag. Place beaten eggs in shallow dish.
- In batches, coat chicken strips with egg and place in bread crumbs; shake to coat. Place on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake 15-25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 170°. (This will depend on size of strips.)
- Meanwhile, if desired, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon seasoning in a small bowl; serve with chicken fingers.
8 servings, ¼ of large breast each
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
170/serving + 60/Tablespoon dip
Source (for original): Tastefully Simple
Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite way to have chicken?
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)