However, since everyone else likes cherries and I am the only exception: I still occasionally make yummy cherry things! I just need everyone else's input on the recipe. Which, since everyone else likes cherries, is pretty easy to get.
These were originally a present for my mama. I'm always looking for fun ideas of things to make for her, since she does so much for us. I saw these, and knew I had to make them! I've made these quite a few times, and they are always a hit--with her, and everyone!
Cherry Kuchen Bars
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3-6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as possible with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Press dough on to the bottom of an ungreased 9”x13” baking pan, reserving 1 ½ cups.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes. Remove from oven and spread pie filling over crust. Spoon reserved dough into small mounds over pie filling, pressing down lightly if needed.
- Bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Meanwhile, combine ¼ teaspoon vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk to make icing. Use enough milk to make into a drizzling consistency.
- Remove pan from oven; cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Drizzle with icing.
1 ½ hours
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
Source (for original): Dear Crissy
Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite cherry dish?