PinIt!

Monday, September 5, 2016

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread

It's Monday morning, of a holiday weekend, and I'm sharing something fairly healthy. I know, I know. Don't get mad yet though, just trust me.

Imagine a cheddar bay biscuit.... in bread form. With barely noticeable shredded zucchini in it. That's what I am sharing with you today. I know, everyone is probably getting tired of the zucchini recipes. I know we're nearing the end of the season, but I wanted to share one more! (No promises that it's the last one, though.) I am a firm believer that you can't have too many zucchini recipes. Especially this time of year-- we've had it all summer, now some people are getting sick of it and need something different to do with it. Well, this is perfect! 

Because, really, who doesn't love cheddar bay biscuits?? I know we do. From Red Lobster or homemade, doesn't matter, I could eat them all day long. Same thing with this bread! (And I think Adrian could too; he devours every piece I give him!) Since it's made in bread form vs. biscuit form, it's slightly easier to make, too. The applesauce & zucchini in it make it slightly healthier, too. It's not GREAT for you, but you can eat least feel good about eating it.
Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic Garlic (or garlic powder)
  • 3 cups shredded zucchini, drained
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¼ cup applesauce
  • 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil *if you don't want to use applesauce, just use 1/4 cup oil. However, I have not tried it this way.
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9”x5” loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and Garlic Garlic. Add the zucchini, and cheddar; stir to combine.
  3. In separate small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, applesauce, and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently stir together just until moistened.
  4. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cool. Serve warm.
Yield/Time
10 slices
1 hour 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
182/slice


Source (for original): Gather for Bread
Remember, comments are loved! Share your zucchini recipes!
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment