PinIt!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Nutella Oat Banana Muffins

I love Nutella. I know I've mentioned that before, but it's worth mentioning again. It's a pretty important Serena-fact. Right up there with the book & nerd obsessions. If I could get away with it, I'd add Nutella to pretty much everything. Assuming, of course, that there is any left after I've just eaten it from the jar.

Just kidding, I don't eat it from the jar. Very often.

Anyhow, you get the point. Nutella is a staple in the Lee household. So when I saw this recipe... Nutella Oat Banana Muffins? Yes, please. I've already mentioned that I love adding oats to muffins, and I love banana muffins in general. Now we're adding Nutella? It's practically my birthday! (No, not really. There's not nearly enough sugar in these things to qualify as something for my birthday.)

These are one of those recipes that the boys & I could devour, no problems. When I've shared them with work & family, same thing. Nate, on the other hand, has decided he doesn't like these. That's OK, more for me. ;) Don't worry though, he gets his own muffins! Recipe to follow for that soon!

(Oh, and random tidbit: the off-brand Nutella at Aldi's is not worth buying. Trust me. That's not Nutella.)

Nutella Oat Banana Muffins

Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • ½ cup milk
  • ¼ cup applesauce (or vegetable oil)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 bananas
  • Nutella

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line muffin tins with 15 papers, or lightly grease.
  2. In a medium bowl, all dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
  3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir to mix ingredients until well combined. 
  4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add wet ingredients until combined. Do not over stir.
  5. Divide batter evenly among the muffin tins.
  6. Add 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of Nutella to the top of each muffin and gently swirl with  toothpick to produce pretty swirls. (Note: "pretty swirls" is very relative, as you can see in the picture.)
  7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Yield/Time
12 muffins
40 minutes
Nutrition Facts
128/muffin (153 if using oil)

Source (for original): Chef in Training
Remember, comments are loved! Tell me about your love of Nutella. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment