PinIt!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Spinach Wraps

I know, I know. You're thinking, "It's getting close to the holidays, and Serena's posting about SPINACH WRAPS? What's wrong with her?"

Well, nothing really. I was just glancing through recipes I haven't posted and stumbled across this.

I used to love getting panini's from a place on campus with spinach wraps, but I'm too cheap to buy the wraps themselves in stores. I'd change up the things I put in them, but I always got the spinach wraps. Then, when I found this recipe, I decided it was worth a shot to do it myself.

Yeah, this is easy. Really guys. This is awesome. I had never made tortillas before this, so I was a bit intimidated the first time, but it's SO easy. Fairly time-consuming, to roll out all the tortillas, but definitely doable. We could just munch on them by themselves; forget making them into panini's or anything else. They don't have a strong spinach taste, so even if you aren't a big fan of spinach, it's worth trying.

Oh, and side note? These freeze fairly well. Slightly more brittle, and I haven't tried more than short-term freezing (a few weeks), but works out great still.

Spinach Wraps

Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoons salt
  • 4 tablespoons vegetable or avocado oil
  • 4 ounces spinach (approximate 4 cups)
  • ¾ cups milk, warmed 

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly mixed. Add the oil; stir until dough is crumbly. Set aside.
  2. Place the spinach and warm milk in a blender or food processor, and mix on high until smooth. Pour the spinach mixture into the flour and stir to combine. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, until smooth. Add more flour as needed. 
  3. Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  4. Lightly flour a counter and a rolling pin. Break the chilled dough into 10 - 14 medium sized balls. Roll out each ball into a very thin circle, about 8”-10” in diameter. 
  5. Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Cook the wraps one at a time for about 30 seconds -1 minute on each side or until wrap has stiffened slightly and is golden brown in spots. 
  6. Let cool, then place in gallon bags and store in the fridge until ready to use. *may also freeze until needed.

Yield/Time
12 wraps
1 hour
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically

148 calories per wrap (12 ct)

Source (for original): Katie at the Kitchen Door
Remember, comments are loved! What are your favorite wrap ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment