PinIt!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Quick Rolls

With Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, I thought it would be good to post a fun roll recipe! These rolls are great- fluffy, tasty, and bake up fast!

For Thanksgiving with our family, I'm making my Perfect Pumpkin Pie, and something else sweet. I haven't decided yet, but knowing me--it will probably be something with chocolate. ;) Mama already has everything else taken care of. (Thanksgiving with my mom is always awesome!)

Remember, comments are loved! What's your usual food duty for Thanksgiving?

Printable Recipe
(This picture shows them more dense than they are--I initially tried them with a shorter rise time, but they are much better with the longer time! I just keep forgetting to take another picture...)
Quick Rolls

Ingredients
  • 1 ¼ cup warm water
  • ¼ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ½ cups bread flour 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 9”x13” pan; set aside.
  2. In large mixing bowl, combine the water, oil, yeast, and sugar. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Using dough hook, mix in the salt, egg, and flour.
  3. Knead with hook for a few minutes until well incorporated and dough is soft and smooth.
  4. Form dough into 12 balls, place in prepared pan, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. 
  5. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield/Time
12 rolls
30-45 minutes
Nutrition Facts
192/roll

Source (for original): Your Home Based Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment