PinIt!

Friday, September 27, 2013

My Favorite Cookies: Chewy Chocolate! (AKA the-chocolate-cookies-with-peanut-butter-chips)

As mentioned in my last post, I am a big peanut butter-chocolate fan. So when I stumbled across a recipe for these chewy chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips, I decided it was worth a try.

Oh, was it ever worth trying.

These cookies are chocolatey with being overly rich or sweet, and sooooo soft & gooey when you take them out of the oven! My only complaint is that they don't stay that way--after a day or so, you have to microwave them for 10-15 seconds to have them be perfect again.

They quickly became a favorite with some of my family--my mama, little brother, and husband have all been known to request them. We don't actually call them Chewy Chocolate Cookies, but the-chocolate-cookies-with-peanut-butter-chips don't have as nice of a ring, and I can't come up with a better name. (Aside from My Favorite Cookies, but then what about the people who say these aren't their favorite cookies?) Ahh, the complicated life of a baker...

Well, anyway, back to the cookies. Not that I really need a reason to make cookies (aside from, you know, the fact that I wanted cookies), but these were for my little brother's birthday. Yes, his birthday was two weeks ago, but yesterday was the first time he could come over for dinner and have it be convenient for both of us. Both of us being Kyle & I---since Nate works second shift, my poor hubby missed out on this.

One of his many, many requests was these cookies. (The-chocolate-cookies-with-peanut-butter-chips being what he referred to them as. I may just have to call them that...) He also requested Reese's Cheesecake Bars, Oreo Cheesecake Cookies (or a combination of the two, but I am still not sure what he expected me to do with that), and Cheesecake Brownies. (Somehow, I didn't notice a theme until I typed that....) I laughed, and told him that since he was also requesting a fairly expensive dinner (next post), he would get the Chewy Chocolate Cookies.

I am pretty sure that he sighed and said "Well, can I at least keep the entire batch?" 

I love being a big sister. Really.

Without further ado, the-chocolate-cookies-with-peanut-butter-chips:


Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 ¼ cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 cup flour
  • ¾ cup cocoa, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces peanut butter chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Cream Crisco & sugar in large mixing bowl. Add eggs & vanilla; blend well. 
  3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, & salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips. 
  4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. (Alternatively, roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.) 
  5. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet until set, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Yield/Time
Yields: 4 ½ dozen
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 9 minutes

Nutrition Facts
for 51 cookies, 126 calories each

Source (for original): unknown

 I always roll these, and many other cookies, into balls before baking. I just like the way it looks better than plopping some dough down on the cookie sheet. As you can see from the picture, it doesn't completely flatten out, but I think they look cute. And yummy. Always yummy.....

Be careful with cook time--I have noticed that, in my oven, cooking them the full 9 minutes makes them hard faster. 


So.... any suggestions on a name for these cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment