PinIt!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Brownie Batter Dip


I have a serious love for brownie batter, that no amount of salmonella warnings can deter. In the dorms in college, I made brownies at least every other week...then gave away most of the brownies. (To the point that the boyfriend of one of my friends just called me Brownie. I really don't think he knew my name.) I just wanted the batter!

I still have the tendency to eat more brownie batter than I should, but I found another source for my brownie batter--one that doesn't include the risk of salmonella. This dip is delicious, perfectly satisfies my craving for brownie batter, and is great to share! (In fact, this dip should be shared. It would be entirely too easy to eat the whole thing in one sitting. Plan on having friends over, or taking this to work or a party!)

This dip takes only minutes to prepare, and can be served immediately! Or, you can make it and store it in the fridge until the party--the texture is great even after being refrigerated for awhile!

Brownie Batter Dip

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2 cups powdered sugar, plus more for a stiffer consistency, if needed
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2-4 tablespoons milk
  • Chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
  • Pretzels, strawberries, graham crackers, animal crackers, apples for dipping



Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups powdered sugar. Mix well.
  2. Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix until fluffy and smooth.
  3. Add additional milk, if needed, until desired consistency is reached. (Should be easy to dip.) Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired.
Yield/Time
2 1/2 cups (20 servings of 2 tablespoons each)
10 minutes
Nutrition Facts
140/2 tablespoons *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically

Source (for original): Mel’s Kitchen Cafe

Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite dip recipe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment