PinIt!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Cheesecake Brownies

I was contemplating what dessert recipe to share next, when I realized that I have never shared my recipe for cheesecake brownies.

I'm sorry, guys. I didn't mean to hold out on you. Really. 

I originally got this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago, and I could not even begin to guess how many times I've made it since then. I've made it for a lot of gatherings with family and friends, birthdays at work, just because I wanted chocolate... It is always a hit, and I rarely take any leftovers home with me when I take it to a party. That's usually because someone else does. ;)

This is packed full of sweet, chocolatey, creamy, amazing-ness. And then covered in chocolate chips.

Need I say more?

Now, I think I'm going to go make some... then maybe update the picture. I can't ever remember to take a picture of this BEFORE it's cut. That may be because I cut it before it's even cool, but that's ok. You can too. I won't judge. 

Printable Recipe
Cheesecake Brownies


Ingredients
1 cake mix (Devil's food or dark, but I always use devils food.)
2 Eggs
1 stick Butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup milk chocolate chips (optional but who doesn't add chocolate chips when they can??)
*additional note on chocolate chips: I really don't know how many I add. This was the original... I just dump chocolate chips on. If it looks like you have enough, add more.
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9"x13" baking pan, set aside.
  2. Stir cake mix, 1 egg, and butter together until crumbly. Save one cup, place rest in bottom of prepared pan.
  3. Mix together cream cheese, 1 egg, vanilla, and milk until creamy. Pour on top of brownie mix. Crumble cup of saved brownie mix on top. Add chocolate chips, if desired.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cream cheese sets and edges golden.


Yield/Time
24-32 pieces, depending on how many you are serving and desired size.
Prep Time: 15 Cook Time: 30
Nutrition Facts
Calories: 188/32 pieces, 240/24 pieces. *I calculate nutrition facts for my use only, this is not done scientifically



Source (for original): Sue Lee (my lovely mother-in-law)
Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite brownie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment