PinIt!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Creamy Baked Cheesy Chicken

I'm going to preface this post by saying that I am working on taking better food photos. But, sometimes good food just isn't pretty. Especially when you've had to move things around to get a good temp with the meat thermometer. (And yes, I regularly use a meat thermometer; I only risk food poisoning when raw cookie dough is involved.)

Anyways, there is no raw cookie dough here (today). Or raw meat, thankfully. Just really, really good chicken. I've made this multiple times, with good results each time. Different cheeses, too. The picture is taken with cheddar, but it's just as great with mozzarella. Asiago is what the original called for, but whatever. I go with whatever is already shredded in my fridge. ;) I love the combination of seasonings, cheese, and mayonnaise. The mayo makes this sooo creamy. The chicken is PERFECT. So tender, so juicy. I could eat this weekly. It's always a hit with my boys, too!

Creamy Baked Cheesy Chicken


Ingredients
4 chicken breasts, cut in half
1 cup light mayonnaise or greek yogurt
3/4 cup shredded cheese, divided
1 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Seasoned Salt)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use Garlic Garlic)
Parmesan

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375° and spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
Mix together mayonnaise, 1/2 cup cheese, and seasonings. Spread the mixture evenly over each piece so that the chicken won't dry out while baking.
Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese and fresh parmesan.
Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. (I always use really thick chicken breasts, but start checking at 20-25 minutes. If the breasts are thinner, they will be done much sooner.) Enjoy!
Yield/Time
4-8 servings
50 minutes
Nutrition Facts
267 per 1/2 breast *I calculate nutrition facts for my use only, this is not done scientifically

Source (for original): Recipe Critic

Remember, comments are love! What's your favorite way to make chicken?
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment