PinIt!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Nutella Ribbon Pie

There are some things I've made, that I have old pictures for, that I apparently did not post. Some are intentional-- waiting to make again for a better picture, etc. Some are not intentional-- like this Nutella Ribbon Pie! I definitely thought I had already posted it... oops. Apparently I've been holding out on you guys. ;)

One of my friends showed me this recipe ages ago, but it was a video on facebook... in another language. So I had to come up with this on my own, based on the video! It's actually very easy, although it looks slightly complicated. Worth making!!

Essentially, this is thin layers of pie crust, layered with Nutella. Thin layers of flaky, delicious pie crust, smothered in Nutella. It's heaven.

I discovered that this wasn't on here the other day, when I made two--one for my family, one for me to take to work. (Just in case you were wondering just how awesome it is to work with me.) Of course I have to post it now! This is an old picture, however. I like to double it and make two, but I didn't have enough Nutella for that. (Scandalous, I know. Don't worry, I got more Nutella when I got groceries this weekend.) I knew I should take one to work in addition to the one for home, so I just made them both smaller. Thus, no picture.

This is something you definitely should make!

Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite thing to do with Nutella?

Nutella Ribbon Pie


Ingredients

  • 1 ¼ Cups all-Purpose flour
  • ¼ Teaspoon Salt
  • ⅓ Cup shortening
  • 4-5 Tablespoons cold water
  • ¾ cup Nutella
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper/silicon mat.
  2. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size.
  3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture, gently toss with a fork. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the flour mixture is moistened. Form pastry into 5 balls. 
  4. Warm Nutella slightly in microwave for 20-30 seconds. DO NOT overheat, just enough to make it more spreadable.
  5. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten one pastry. Roll pastry from center to edges into a very thin circle. Using a medium sized bowl, cut out an even circle. Transfer to cookie sheet, then spread with a very thin layer of Nutella. Repeat for 4 layers of Nutella; top with final layer of pastry.
  6. Set a small glass on top of center of pie, then cut ½” strips out from center, making a sun. (Approximately 12-15 strips.) Remove cup. Do not separate strips from center. Twist each strip twice, then press end back down slightly to hold. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then very carefully remove to plate. Enjoy!
Yield/Time
13 servings
45-50 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
176

Source (for original): unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment