PinIt!

Monday, January 16, 2017

Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread

So, if you follow me on facebook, you saw the teaser photo yesterday. I actually meant to take another photo last night, but the loaf that I originally meant to keep for us... was mostly gone. Between Nate, the boys, and I, we ate most of it in one afternoon. I'm eating the last couple pieces for breakfast. Doesn't look like we're sharing all of the other loaf now... oops.

Yes, it's really that good. 

This is actually my Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe, but it's almost like monkey bread. I got the idea from another blog, but I prefer my cinnamon swirl bread recipe, so I adapted it for that. Funny thing is that my cinnamon swirl bread never goes this fast. When it's in this form, it's SO easy to snack on. (So, tip: if you want it to last, but want the same flavor, do the swirl bread.) 

Warning: this is addictive. I'm sorry. This only makes one loaf, but I basically always recommend doubling it. 

Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite cinnamon sugar goody?

Printable Recipe
Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • ½ cup milk
  • 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • ¾ cup warm water
  • 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
  1. In small saucepan, warm milk and 1 tablespoon butter until butter is melted. Set aside until lukewarm. In small bowl, mix water and yeast until yeast is dissolved. In large bowl, add 2 tablespoon sugar, salt, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Pour in milk and butter. Mix until sugar and salt is dissolved. Stir in yeast and water. Mix in 2 ½ cups flour. Turn out onto floured board and knead in the remaining flour or until the dough is soft and smooth.
  2. Put dough in greased bowl and turn dough so that the top is greased. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 60 minutes, or until double in size. Grease and flour a 9”x5” loaf pan.  Set that aside.
  3. Punch down the dough, and let rest for 5 minutes.  On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to approximately 12”x20”. Use a pastry brush to spread melted butter on top of the dough, then sprinkle remaining cinnamon & sugar on top. (Or however much you want... I don't measure.)
  4. Slice the dough into approximately 20 equal sized pieces. Layer them in the loaf pan like a flip book, with the cinnamon sides all facing the same direction. Place a clean towel over the pan and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes, or almost doubled in size. 
  5. Preheat oven to 350°. Place loaf in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the top is very golden brown.  (BE CAREFUL. It is easy to under bake this, but it's just as easy to over bake. Keep a close eye on it around 40 minutes, and test the soft looking pieces slightly for doneness.)
  6. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. If needed, run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread, and invert onto a clean board. Using a clean plate, carefully invert so that it’s right side up. (This part's hard, and usually messy. I use my hands, to be honest, it's easier that way.)

Yield/Time
1 loaf
Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
108/2 slices

Source (for original): idea and instructions: Joy the Baker, bread recipe: unknown, I've had it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment