PinIt!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Breadsticks

So, I have a recipe to share today that I didn't actually make. My husband did! He's pretty awesome. ;) Nerdy, handsome, makes cute babies, and he can cook/bake. (When I let him in my kitchen.) He's quite the catch. 

And... He loves bread. Loves it. And, let's be honest...as much as I love it too, I don't make it enough. Especially this time of year, when I am making sweets about daily. So, I am learning to relinquish control of the kitchen (which is hard) and stay out of the way when he occasionally wants to make it. He loves breadsticks too, and between him and I we put these together awhile ago. (Mostly him, to be honest, but since I'm the baker he did ask for my advice.) Last night I finally remembered to take a picture of them! 

These are awesome. This is, truthfully, a basic recipe. We always put garlic, butter, and parmesan on them, but you can do whatever you want. Onion, etc. 

Remember, comments are loved! Tell me what you try, and what your favorite toppings are! 

Printable Recipe
Breadsticks

Ingredients
  • 2 ¼ - 3 cups flour
  • 2 ¼ teaspoon active  dry yeast
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup warm water (120°-130°)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted *Nate usually adds more
  • 2 tablespoons Garlic Garlic (or any other seasoning)
  • ½ cup parmesan

Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, yeast, and salt. Add warm water to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (8-10 min). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease surface. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (1 hour).
  2. Preheat oven to 375°. Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 min. Meanwhile, lightly grease a baking sheet.
  3. Roll the dough into a 15”x10” rectangle. Using pizza cutter, slice into 1” strips. Spread butter on top, adding more as needed, and sprinkle with garlic garlic and/or parmesan as desired. 
  4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield/Time
Yields: 10-14 pieces
Total Time: 2 hours

Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically
139 calories/14 pieces

Source (for original): Better Homes & Gardens (french bread recipe, adapted)
Tastefully Simple info: If you are interested in making a purchase, you can purchase through my page, or just search and select "Serena Lee" as your consultant. Obviously, if you are not local and already have a consultant.... purchase through them online, or contact them! Shop local, as always! Disclaimer: I am paid a small amount with each purchase, based on sales, made through myself as a consultant. You are helping to support my baking addiction, thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment