PinIt!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Cranberry Apple Sangria

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Serena is pregnant, I hope that Sangria isn't for her!" No harm came to little baby Lee in the making of this... I made it non-alcoholic so the boys & I could enjoy it too! ;) 

 This one would be nice to try with alcohol at some point, too, but I haven't done that yet so I can't attest to how it is. It's very sweet, and warms you up, all the way down to your toes! I love the combo of the grape juice, apple cider, and cranberry juice! I make another warm punch during Christmastime, and I can't say which is my favorite! I love this type of drink, especially when we are all gathered at my mom's house for a holiday.

I made it for Thanksgiving, and we were sipping on it all day. Adrian didn't seem fond of it, but he's not really used to warm drinks yet. Gabriel loved it! 

One tip: the cinnamon sticks really should be removed after a couple of hours. We didn't, and those last few cups were VERY cinnamon. Remove a little bit earlier, or put them in later, if you have people who aren't big cinnamon fans. You could always skip them completely.... but I love cinnamon, so I can't really recommend it. :) 

Remember, comments are loved! What's your favorite warm drink during the holidays?

Cranberry Apple Sangria

Ingredients
  • 1 bottle white wine/sparkling white grape juice
  • 1 bottle red wine/sparkling red grape juice
  • 3 cups apple cider
  • 3 cups cranberry juice
  • 1 cup brandy (exclude if making non-alcoholic)
  • 4 cinnamon sticks
  • Sliced apples and fresh cranberries, to garnish.

Directions
  1. In a large crockpot, combine all ingredients except garnish. 
  2. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving. 
  3. (May also cool, then serve over ice.)

Yield/Time
3 hours
8 servings

Source (for original): Sweet C’s Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment