PinIt!

Friday, December 9, 2016

Muddy Buddies

I think Muddy Buddies are one of the classic things that everyone has tried, and basically everyone loves. I've slightly adapted the original Chex recipe... because the original does not have enough of the chocolate/peanut butter coating! (Of course, you know I would think something needs more chocolate & peanut butter!)

I will admit, though--for years, growing up, we always called this puppy chow! I didn't start calling it muddy buddies until maybe middle school. I kept referring to it as puppy chow, and a few friends looked at me like I was crazy, they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. ;)

If you usually do the traditional recipe, I really recommend trying this. The extra coating is great!

Remember, I love comments! That makes me feel loved. :) What's your favorite Chex Mix or Muddy Buddy recipe?

Muddy Buddies
Ingredients
  • 9 cups Chex
  • 1 ½ cups Semisweet chocolate chips
  • ¾ cups peanut butter
  • ¼ cups + 2 tablespoons margarine/butter
  • 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla
  • 3 cups powdered sugar

Directions
  1. Pour cereal into a large bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine. Microwave until smooth, stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated.
  2. Pour cereal mixture into a large container with powdered sugar. Shake until all pieces are well-coated, spread on waxed paper to cool.
  3. Sprinkle with extra powdered sugar, if needed.

Yield/Time
Approximately 13 cups
<30 minutes
Nutrition Facts *I calculate nutrition facts for reference only, this is not done scientifically

218 calories per ½ cup


Source (for original): Chex

No comments:

Post a Comment